The Medical Assistant’s main task is to plan, direct, and coordinate the patient’s care, under the Provider’s direction, for Nason Medical Center. This position reports to the Medical Operations Supervisor.
- Abiding by the policies and procedures of Nason Medical Center and getting direction from the on-site Provider, manage and coordinate the care of the patient by efficiently completing the Provider’s orders and continually following up with other Departments to make sure orders are completed in a timely fashion.
- If orders are not completed in a timely fashion or if results are incomplete, troubleshoot for causes and solutions.
- Interview patients to obtain medical information and measure their vital signs, weight, and height.
- Show patients to examination rooms and prepare them for the Provider.
- Record patients' medical history, vital statistics, and various procedures ordered by the Provider in the Electronic Health Record (EHR).
- Prepare and administer procedures directed by Provider, such as, but not limited to EKG, cardiac monitoring, Urinary Catheter placement, wound care, orthopedic splinting, and IV infusion.
- Collect blood or other laboratory specimens, log the specimens in EHR, and prepare them for testing.
- Explain treatment procedures, medications, and Providers’ instructions to patients.
- Help physicians examine and treat patients, handing them instruments and materials or performing such tasks as giving injections and removing sutures.
- Prepare treatment rooms for patient examinations, keeping the rooms neat and clean.
- Maintain supplies and equipment, stock and clean rooms at end of shift to prepare for next day.
- Broad knowledge of medical terminology, medications administration, anatomy, physiology, medical ethics, and medical procedures.
- Ability to quickly learn and properly execute the medical policies and procedures.
- C.P.R. and First Aid Certifications
- Excellent interpersonal skills including adaptability and good judgment
- Attention to detail skills and high level of accuracy.
- Very effective organizational skills and ability to manage multiple patients concurrently.
- Time management skills
- Exceptional problem analysis and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills.
- Ability to maintain satisfactory working relationships with employees, patients, management team, and the general public.
- Ability to be effective in written and oral communication
- Knowledge of examination, diagnostic, and treatment room procedures.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to maintain a safe work environment.
- Skill in taking vital signs.
- Skill in maintaining records.
- Ability to maintain quality control standards.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to read, understand and respond to detailed oral and written instructions.
Hwy 17 & Bowman Rd. (Across from McDonald's)
Across from entrance to Wannamaker Park
Open Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm
On Folly Road, near Maybank Hwy.